Saturday, November 07, 2009

New Look and Picture Frame


So here it is, the picture frame that I painted earlier this year. I did three of them in total but gave two away as a "family gift" to my on-line Sorority family. I got two plain picture frame from Michaels and first painted them white with acrylic paint. After they dried, I first painted the border then the leaves, then the roses. Lastly, I added the purple lilacs. I have to be honest and say I did repaint over some of the roses, but I'm not exactly sure which frame I did that on. Could be this one, could be one I gave away.
This is my first attempt at an actual project involving the "one stroke" painting technique. I think the roses could use a little tightening up but overall, I'm ok with it [obviously, I gave two of them away]. Thankfully, my on-line Sorority family indulges my creative endevours. That's probably part of the reason we're family! Love you, Sisters!

What do you think of the new look? The old one was nice, but it was time for a change. I have limited templates to choose from and I did customize this layout ever so slightly. I think I like it, but it will take some getting use to.


In other mundane life challenges, we have one bathroom and a potty that's in a bad mood. This has been a few months in the making and I fear that we're going to have to have a replacement in the not-too-distant future. I'll be great when it's done but for now it's a bit of a pain. At least there's a new season of Real Housewives to watch! Ha ha. Always have to look on the bright side of life!

No comments: